Monday, October 15, 2012

Light a candle with me






     October 15 is the date chosen to celebrate the lives of babies who never celebrate a birthday with their families -- Babies whose moms and dads mourn their loss prior to birth or within the first days afterwards. 

     I know women who name their babies and celebrate their lives on birthdays or other days. I know women who only reluctantly share their pain and then usually only with other women experiencing the same agony. There are other responses as well. I believe that all are legitimate. We all mourn differently.

     Whatever your mourning style, today is the day set aside to remember that loss. At 7 pm tonight in your time zone, light a candle and keep it burning for at least an hour. Together we can create a wave of light around the world.







Image courtesy
of Darren Roberts
on Free Digital Photos

2 comments:

Dee The RN said...

I found this in October 2013 and I have done it both years since and will again do it this year. I appreciate your thoughts with this and passing it along. Thank you from a mother who has been in mourning for her children since 1980.

Judy said...

Dee, thank you for your comment - and for joining in. I have my own children to remember -- and many others who have passed on in my care.