Saturday, July 09, 2005

The world is spinning a little faster



I got up on Wednesday and found that I couldn't quite keep up. Everything was spinning a little faster than usual. Blood sugar normal, blood pressure normal, no arrhythias even after a cup of coffee.

My head was a little stuffy, so I took some pseudoephedrine hoping it would help. Not much. I staggered through my day - including the retirement party for my husband Wednesday night.

Thursday, things hadn't slowed down, so I had my husband drive me to the doctor for a prescription which has slowed things a little. They had the CNN feed on there, covering the terrorist attacks on London. That certainly put my little inconvenience into perspective.

I got home and a friend had forwarded the email about the folks who survived 9/11 because of some minor "inconvenience". I'm sure you've all seen it. I usually grumble and delete things I've seen that many times, but it touched me that day in a way it had not previously.

Next, I checked a message board with a multinational presence to be certain that my friends there were safe. All were - and one had a brother-in-law who'd hadn't been in the World Trade Center on 9/11 because a meeting had been cancelled. This time, he decided at the last minute to telecommute. As someone there said, we're happy that her brother-in-law is safe, but saddened that someone's isn't.


My condolences to the people of the UK and to everyone who has lost friends or family in this assault on humanity. I'm a little late, but response to the suggestion at A chance to cut is a chance to cure I'm flying the Union Jack. I wish I'd thought of it myself.

No comments: