Saturday, April 12, 2008

Star


My 12 year old is officially a Star scout. He completed the requirements a couple of months ago, but the Court of Honor was this week. He's worked hard to get here and is raring to go on with the requirements for his next advancement. He "only" needs 2 more merit badges from the required for Eagle list - and 2 months more in his leadership position - before he is eligible for the Scoutmaster conference and board of review which will determine when he has earned the Life rank. I believe the merit badges may take longer than he thinks. Some of them can be quite challenging.

We have other scouts advancing and our newest recruit will bridge as soon as he completes his Arrow of Light in the Cub Pack. He's been visiting troop meetings and seems to fit in well with the troop. He's looking forward to camping with the boys - and they've been working with him on his Arrow of Light requirements.

2 comments:

Neumed said...

Boy, this one takes me back. I didn't get very far with the badges, but I really enjoyed the camping. (Will never forget trying to cook a chicken on a string over an open fire.) Your son should be very proud of his accomplishment.

Judy said...

Chicken on a string? I'll have to see if I can find instructions for that one. I think the kids would get a kick out of it.

My son is proud of his accomplishment and we're proud of his hard work.