Wednesday, July 25, 2007

It was a long day, but not a bad one

They took my husband to the cardiac catheterization lab at about 12:30 and told me the procedure would take 45 minutes to an hour. 3 hours later, he finally made it to the recovery area. At least he's consistent. He never makes any procedure easy for the physician who has to perform it. Thanks to the nurse who came out every 45 minutes or so, I was kept up to date on the progress and knew he was doing as well as could be expected.

I have only good things to say about this visit so far - from the valet service to the medical and nursing staff. Everyone has been wonderful. I'd love to know how they jam cell phones, but there was always a telephone around I could use when I needed to contact family to let them know how things were going.

I was concerned about leaving him for the night -- until I met his night nurse. The nurse is a former Scout leader, so they hit it off right away. After watching him work for a little while, I had no worries about the quality of care he'd get either.

Yes, I took names, and yes, they'll be going in a complementary letter - along with a thank-you to all the cheerful, but nameless faces who made the day more pleasant.

No comments: